Protective Foam & Interior Packaging
Custom Foam Solutions Ensure Product Protection
Surface protection can take many forms, but it all boils down to the product presentation and the impression it leaves on your end customer. Safely packaged products translate to happy customer experiences. Our Foam Fabrication Division utilizes many varieties of open- and closed-cell foams to design and fabricate product-specific interior protection.
The 6 Benefits of Foam
- Protect Your Investment: Keeping your product safe from damage is the bottom line result you can expect with foam protection.
- Versatility: Our protective products come in a variety of styles, including open cell, closed cell, expanded, extruded, molded, laminated, and grown.
- Scalability: Whether you need a few or a few hundred thousand, our fabrication department can optimize yield and manufacturing speed to scale up with your growing business.
- Sustainability: We have polyethylene materials that contain a minimum of 65% recycled content, Green Cell® Foam made from corn, and Restore® Mushroom Packaging made from feedstock and mycelium.
- Foam Can Be Cool: Cold chain packaging takes advantage of the R factor benefits found in polystyrene or Green Cell® Foams to keep your temperature sensitive shipments cool during transportation.
- Foam-In-Place: When your protective needs vary by size and shape, costly tooling and large fixed-product runs aren’t always cost effective. Foam-In-Place is a chemical reaction of A/B urethanes that rise and conform around your angles and corners, giving you a dynamic protective solution every time.
Our complete list of foam products includes:
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS)
- Foam-In-Place® (FIP)
- Green Cell Foam® (GCF) – 100% biodegradable
- Expanded Polyethylene (EPE)
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP)
- Specialty Foams (Crosslinks, EVAs, IV foams, conductive foam, blends)
- Cold Chain Packaging – Thermal Sensitive Design, Polystyrene molded coolers, 6-piece Liner Sets in Styrene or Green Cell Foam®
The BoxMaker can design and fabricate product-specific pads, end caps, hinged end caps, corner caps, case inserts, 6-piece liner sets, edge and corner profiles, abrasion protection, void fill, and structural and weight protection. If you’re concerned about product protection, aesthetic appeal, anti-static or conductive, thermal sensitivity, case inserts, blocking and bracing, and/or sustainability, our expert design team will help you find the best solution.
Additional Interior Protection Services
The BoxMaker offers many tape solutions from surface to temperature to theft protection. In addition to being a master supplier of ShockWatch®/TiltWatch® products, we partner with vendors all over the globe to bring the widest array of barrier and protective products to your company for the safe delivery of your product and brand image.
As a complete packaging house, The BoxMaker can pair your foam project with the right corrugated material, pressure sensitive labels, and full-service fulfillment. Our award-winning design department will provide you the right foam design using your sample product, or import your CAD file for ease of transfer.
All of our Foam Division material waste ends up right back in the supply stream to be recycled or reground and reused. Some are even compostable.
Want to find a better way to protect your product? Contact us and we’ll find you the perfect solution.Request a Quote