Inside Sales and Service Representative -Seattle Branch
The BoxMaker is an independent manufacturer and distributor of packaging products headquartered in Kent WA, with six branches in Washington and Oregon. Within our five divisions products range from custom shipping containers to retail packaging, shelf and floor displays, foam packaging & inserts, custom printed labels and supplies for shipping, maintenance and break room.
Seeking a full-time Inside Sales and Service Representative for our corporate office. Applicants must have 2-3 years inside sales and customer service experience. The individual must be a self-starter, strong solution & problem solver, equally comfortable working with clients on the phone, over email and in person, team player with strong math and writing skills. This position balances facilitating sales and supporting clients with all service issues.
Job Function – You are the Sales Representative and Point of Contact for our Inside Sales Client from initial contact to shipment of order. Duties include but not limited to:
- Pre-qualify client, set up prospect & new clients if qualified.
- Provide custom packaging solutions in conjunction with BoxMaker structural designer and/or BoxMaker buyers. Provide sample and/or quote for custom project.
- Provide quote for supplies, stocked items and standard boxes.
- Process orders for new custom orders, supplies and re-orders.
- Support Clients with price list, quote preparation, problem resolution
- Support clients with all issues related to orders, shipping, design, costs and service
- Collect money up front for COD clients
- Answer phones, respond to email, meet with clients through in-house appointments, outbound client contact via phone and email
- Manage new projects while maintaining current book of business and growing new business
- Lead generation and qualification from all sources (database queries, call-ins, web leads, call campaigns, walk-ins, etc.)
- Maintain and update Outlook and Department files
Required Skills and Training-
- Professional verbal and written communication with co-workers, prospects and customers.
- Oral Communications: Have the ability to communicate and comprehend the English language to facilitate sales. Speak clearly and persuasively in all situations. Able to communicate The BoxMaker’s services, processes, changes and prices effectively to client. Ability to listen and ask pertinent questions.
- Develop a consultative sales technique that focuses on simplifying solutions for the prospect/customer.
- Be a solid team member within Inside Sales Dept., helping to maintain a positive work environment, professional attire, language and presentation.
- Seek to gain continuous knowledge and education in regards to packaging across multiple trade channels via products, sales, marketing, market trends, retail trends and innovations.
- Must be proficient in standard Microsoft Applications; prefer knowledge of packaging software, internal communication software programs and experience with CRM systems.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- 3-5 years of Sales experience.
- Strong performance record in growing and managing sales.
Benefits include Vacation, Sick, Holiday, Medical & 401K .