The BoxMaker's First and Longest-Running Specialty
While sometimes you just need a brown box, often the solution is far more complex. Every day The BoxMaker produces custom boxes and packaging in various flutes, colors, and weights specified for a multitude of industries in our region - from
specialty foods to medical devices.
Your Custom Box Manufacturer in the Pacific Northwest Since 1981
The BoxMaker has been manufacturing custom corrugated boxes for over 35 years. From plain shipping boxes to complex retail packaging solutions, our team has the knowledge and industry experience necessary to help make your next custom packaging project a success. Our comprehensive product offerings include custom-sized boxes, flexo printed boxes, full-color digitally printed boxes, retail displays, and more. Contact us for a quote today.
The 6 Benefits of Custom Corrugated Boxes
- Environmentally Sound: Corrugated is a curbside-recyclable and biodegradable product made from a sustainable crop.
- Local: The paper used to create corrugated is primarily produced on the west coast and the corrugated material is produced in the Puget Sound region.
- Versatile: Three sheets of paper and a little starch creates a rigid material that does so much – protects, transports, holds, displays, communicates a message, and sells a brand.
- Custom-Driven: Our plant runs with you in mind. Every order we produce is made to the exact specifications for our clients so you can receive exactly what you need, in the quantity you desire, when you need it. Whether it is a counter display or a pallet-sized tote, we have you covered.
- On Demand: No need to re-order and wait weeks for your custom corrugated product. Our lean operation allows us to deliver custom packaging to you within 5-10 business days of receiving your purchase order. We also have JIT programs to ensure that your supply chain is a well-oiled machine, so you don’t waste valuable resources tracking inventory and wondering when you need to reorder.
- Universal: Corrugated speaks to all industries and is a medium used in virtually every vertical: from specialty foods markets to medical device companies to aerospace. We offer a consultative approach specific to your business sector, all the way from design to delivery.
The BoxMaker’s capacity to meet the most demanding specifications and schedules makes us uniquely qualified to handle the growing needs of clients in any industry.
Custom Box Capabilities
- 2-color flexo print
- Full-color CMYK digital print
- POP displays and standees
- Standard boxes (RSC, HSC, FOL, OPF to name a few)
- Partitions, pads, and inserts
- Rotary and flat-bed die-cutting
- Various flute sizes (B, C, and E)
- Single and double wall options
- A multitude of ECT and Mullen board combinations (23ECT to 82ECT)
- 100% post-consumer recycled material readily available
- Wide range of liner colors in stock (kraft, #1 and #3 white, and black)
- Specialty coatings
- KLP and wax-alternative coatings
- Prototype to large production runs
ECT vs. Mullen
We can produce packaging to ECT or Mullen specifications, and anything in between. Both the Edge Crush Test (ECT) and the Mullen Test are methods of measuring the strength of corrugated material. ECT measures the stacking strength of a particular corrugated grade by stacking multiple boxes on a pallet. The Mullen Test focuses on a single box’s ability to withstand rough handling. You can often upgrade a liner or medium to provide the strength necessary for you’re your project without jumping to the next full grade, saving you both money and resources.
Custom Box Printing
Branding your packaging has never been easier. We all know how essential image is to primary packaging, and secondary packaging helps reinforce your message. The BoxMaker uses both digital and flexographic printing methods in-house. Digital printing offers a wide color gamut for outstanding results without the need for plates, proofing charges or overruns. Flexographic printing is an economical and effective way to brand your packaging. We print up to two colors at a time on counter displays, case packs, inner trays, e-commerce shipping boxes – all with minimal impact on your bottom line.
The BoxMaker offers both flatbed and rotary die cutting. Die cutting is essentially creating a giant cookie cutter out of steel rule using a custom shape designed specifically for your design. The die stamps your shape out of the corrugated material, creating a variety of shapes from a simple rectangular pad to a mailer to a complex floor display with several components.
Each type of die cutting has advantages:
Flat Bed Die Cutting
- Steel dies are less expensive than rotary dies
- 46.5″ x 63″ sheet size capacity
- Die cuts intricate pieces with precision
- Suited best for small and medium-sized production runs
- Vibrating belt system shakes off all scrap resulting in a clean, finished product
Rotary Die Cutting
- A higher speed press results in a lower per-piece price
- Larger sheet size capacity at 60” x 78”
- Prints three colors and cuts in one pass
- Ideal for larger production runs
From retail displays to shipping cartons, we leverage every opportunity to use sustainable materials, craft innovative options, and present alternatives to our clients. We carefully design every element of a product’s packaging to maximize protection, efficiency, and visual impact.
The BoxMaker’s award-winning design studio uses the latest industry-leading 3D modeling / CAD systems and software specific to the packaging sector to develop full-scale prototypes. Cushioning materials and full mock-ups are integral parts of every design project.
Corrugated is the outright leader in recyclable and renewable packaging materials. Over 25 million tons of corrugated are recycled, and the average amount of recycled content in finished corrugated containers exceeds 40%.
All of The BoxMaker’s corrugated materials are sourced from SFI® Certified suppliers in North America. Whenever possible, we source from local mills with the highest available post-consumer recycled content (up to 65%).
Request a Custom Box Quote
The BoxMaker is ready to partner with you to meet all of your custom packaging needs. Contact us today to get started.